Free video replays from Sharing Best Practice 2019, held at Marsden Road Public School on 30 September 2019. This replay series will be available until 30 November 2019.
An exciting day sharing evidence based practice for primary & secondary teachers, therapists, school leaders and parents.
Topics inc. reading, spelling, maths, and how to get your school moving & improving.
Speakers include; Prof Stephen Dinham, Lorraine Hammond, Jennifer Buckingham, Manisha Gazula, Justin Caban, James Lyra, Rauno Parrilo, Sarah Asome, Georgie Perry, Julie Mavlian, Alison Clarke, Paul McDermott, and more.
SBP19 replay viewers can get free access to a Training 24/7 course on “The Place of Phonics in Teaching Reading and Spelling” (valued at $20).
- Introduction and Welcome (Troy Verey, Nick Magriplis)
- The Art & Science of Teaching at Scale (Manisha Gazula)
- Getting Your School Moving and Improving (Professor Stephen Dinham)
- Practicalities of Explicit Instruction (Dr Lorraine Hammond)
- Teaching Phonemic Awareness and Phonics Using Games to Support Explicit Instruction (Alison Clarke)
- Word Knowledge: The Gateway to Reading Comprehension (Danielle Colenbrander)
- Schema & Comprehension (Justin Caban)
- From Sounding Out to Sight Words: The Research Base Behind the Teaching of Synthetic Phonics (Dr Jennifer Buckingham)
- Panel Discussion (Dr Jennifer Buckingham, Dr Lorraine Hammond, Ray Boyd, Professor Stephen Dinham, Manisha Gazula, Troy Verey)