Prior to registration on the SPELD NSW Referral Database, please note the following requirements:
Prospective tutors must complete and submit a Working with Children Background Check Consent Form and have one of the following:
- a teaching qualification in Early Childhood/Primary education
- a teaching qualification in English or Specific Learning Difficulties (SLD) at Secondary Level
- a Special Education qualification in the field of Learning Difficulties for children or adults.
In addition, at least ONE of the following is required:
- evidence of the completion of course in particular methods of teaching children or adults with SLD, e.g. Lindamood, Spalding, MULTILIT
- detailed knowledge of several methods of teaching children or adults who have SLD
- completion of a SPELD run course in methods of teaching children or adults with SLD
Other Professionals/ Professional Practice:
This category includes Educational Psychologists, Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Behavioural Optometrists, “Intrinsic” therapists such as Sound Therapists, Neurofeedback specialists etc.?To be placed on the SPELD NSW Referral Database, professionals must provide the following:
- A short curriculum vitae describing experience, areas of expertise and interest
- A sample report
A phone or in-person interview is also required for all new tutors and professionals.